We reserve the right to modify this Agreement at any time, and without prior notice, by posting amended terms on this website.
Description of Service
BFC is an online service that enables users to connect to others who care about the same social causes, share ideas about how to best address the issues they care about, and engage with organisations working to advance those causes.
Registration Data & Account Security
In consideration of your use of the Site, you agree to (a) provide accurate, current and complete information about you as may be prompted when you make any postings on the Site; (b) maintain the security of any password and identification;
Content on the site is licensed. Visitors to the BFC website agree to grant a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free license to the rest of the world, during all the time allowed by law and for any use, for their submissions to BFC.
You understand the Service and the Site are available for your personal, non-commercial use only. You represent, warrant and agree that no materials of any kind submitted through your account or otherwise posted or shared by you through the Service will violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights; or contain libellous, defamatory or otherwise unlawful material. You further agree not to harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of Users from the Service or the Site by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications. Additionally, you agree not to use automated scripts to collect information from the Service or the Site or for any other purpose. You further agree that you may not use the Service or the Site in any unlawful manner or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Site. In addition, you agree not to use the Service or the Site to:
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any content that we deem to be harmful, threatening, unlawful, defamatory, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, obscene, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- post or transmit any content that involves unlawful, deception or unfair advertising;
- violates any regulation regarding the secrecy or privacy of information;
- violates the intellectual property rights of any party;
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make publicly available on the Site any private information of any third party.
- solicit personal information from anyone under 18 or solicit passwords or personally identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- intimidate or harass another user;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, national or international law;
- use or attempt to use another’s account, service or system without authorisation from the BFC, or create a false identity on the Service or the Site;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that, in the sole judgment of the BFC, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Site, or which may expose the BFC or its Users to any harm or liability of any type;
User Content Posted on the Site
You are solely responsible for any content you upload, publish or display (hereinafter, “post”) on the Site, or transmit to or share with other Users (collectively the “User Content”). You understand and agree that the BFC may, but is not obligated to, review and delete or remove (without notice) any User Content in its sole discretion, including without limitation User Content that in the sole judgment of the BFC violate this Agreement or which might be offensive, illegal, or that might violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of Users or others. By posting User Content to any part of the Site, you automatically grant a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to the BFC an irrevocable, during the time period permitted by law, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part) and distribute such User Content for any purpose on or in connection with the Site or the promotion thereof, to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such User Content, and to grant and authorise sublicenses of the foregoing. You may remove your User Content from the Site at any time.
Repeat Infringer Policy
The BFC has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at BFC’s sole discretion, members who are deemed to be repeat infringers. The BFC may also at its sole discretion limit access to the Site and/or terminate the memberships of any Users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
Links to Other Websites and Content
The Site contains (or you may be sent through the Site or the Services) links to other web sites (“Third Party Sites”) as well as articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, music, sound, video, information, software and other content belonging to or originating from third parties (the “Third Party Content”). Such Third Party Sites and Third Party Content are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by us, and the BFC are not responsible for any Third Party Sites accessed through the Site or any Third Party Content posted on the Site, including without limitation the content, accuracy, offensiveness, opinions, reliability or policies of or contained in the Third Party Sites or the Third Party Content. Inclusion of or linking to any Third Party Site or any Third Party Content does not imply approval or endorsement thereof by us. If you decide to leave the Site and access the Third Party Sites, you do so at your own risk and you should be aware that our terms and policies no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any site to which you navigate from the Site.
The BFC is not responsible or liable in any manner for any User Content or Third Party Content posted on the Site or in connection with the Service, whether posted or caused by Users of the Site or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Site or the Service. Although we provide rules for User conduct and postings, we do not control and are not responsible for what Users post on the Site and are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content you may encounter on the Site or in connection with any User Content or Third Party Content. The BFC is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any User of the Site or Service. The Site and the Service may be temporarily unavailable from time to time for maintenance or other reasons. The BFC assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, User communications. The BFC is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Site or combination thereof, including injury or damage to Users or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in connection with the Web and/or in connection with the Service. Under no circumstances will the BFC be responsible for any loss or damage, including any loss or damage to any User Content or personal injury or death, resulting from anyone’s use of the Site or the Service, any User Content or Third Party Content posted on or through the Site or the Service or transmitted to Users, or any interactions between Users of the Site, whether online or offline. The BFC reserves the right to change any and all content contained in the Site and any Services offered through the Site at any time without notice. Reference to any products, services, processes or other information, by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof, or any affiliation therewith, by the BFC.
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback or other information about the Site or the Service (“Submissions”), provided by you to the BFC are non-confidential and shall become the sole property of the BFC. The BFC shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.